Welcome again to this yearly post, where I try to analyze my gaming behavior during the previous year. I have been doing this since 2011 in Spanish, but this time I will do it in English as with the rest of my posts. You can read about my previous years (in Spanish):
|2018||2017||2016||2015||2014||2013||2012||Total since 2006|
|Total amount of plays||101||84||98||84||81||117||161||952|
|Different games played||61||72||55||71||52||81||80||356|
|Games with 2 or more plays (in the year)||14||9||15||13||14||19||40||161|
|Amount of gaming sessions||43||36||35||30||44||41||36||322|
- In this yearly post I used to include a graph with the games played by month, but it turned more or less complex and meaningless as the trend was clear year by year. I tend to play more or less the same along the year with some peaks in the gaming conventions.
- In 2018 I went back to the 2016 numbers in amount of plays, with a higher amount of different games played.
- I’ve played 61 different games this year, 41 of them were totally new (to me). A very high proportion.
- I recorded 43 gaming sessions, almost 4 per month.
- Again, in 2018 I have zero hours recorded in the Steam platform. I miss it and I will give it some priority in 2019.
- My h-index as a player is still at 11. Reading carefully the data, I expect to go up at least one level in the next period, as I have several games near the h-index frontier.
- I still enjoy a lot playing boardgames, role playing games and video games so I will keep this as one of my main leisure activities for 2019
- In January 2018 we finished Pandemic Legacy Season 1 the campaign we started back in 2016, but after that I haven’t played any other legacy game. I still love cooperative games and I would not reject starting one with a stable playing group, maybe the recently announced Journeys in the Middle Earth?
- I am becoming addicted to escape room inspired board games. In 2018 I have played several Unlock! and Exit and for 2019 my goal is to play all the published games of those two families
- I managed (with my party and DM) to maintain since March a monthly Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition campaign, and I only missed one session because of a trip. That is very good news for me and for the entire group, we are enjoying it a lot so we will hopefully continue with the same frequency and passion.
- I’m still eager to play prototypes, but since early 2018 I am no longer a member of Asociación Ludo. I was not involved at all so, although I miss some of my colleagues there, I decided to leave after realizing that the association does not benefit from me if I’m only providing economic support. I will consider returning when I’m capable of offering more :-(