Welcome again to this yearly post, where I try to analyze my gaming behavior during the last year. You can read about my previous years:
- 2017 (in Spanish)
- 2016 (in Spanish)
- 2015 (in Spanish)
- 2014 (in Spanish)
- 2013 (in Spanish)
- 2012 (in Spanish)
- 2011 (in Spanish)
|2019||2018||2017||2016||2015||…||Total since 2006|
|Total amount of plays||73||101||84||98||84||1146|
|Different games played||33||61||72||55||71||430|
|Games with 2 or more plays||9||14||9||15||13||186|
|Amount of gaming sessions||37||43||36||35||30||401|
This time, I'll organize the analysis in categories, as the time I spent in RPG or video games is becoming much more relevant.
- 2019 has been the year with less plays since 2009.
- I've played only 33 different games this year, and incredibly most of them were new (to me).
- I recorded 37 gaming sessions, 3 per month.
- My h-index as a player is still at 11. I expected to raise it this year, but I haven't since I almost played new games.
- I have played a lot less to boardgames. Nothing unexpected as this year I haven't been able to attend Tierra de Nadie (TdN) or any similar convention. Not attending TdN implies at least 25-30 plays less.
- On the other side, the number of gaming sessions is not that different. And makes sense as I'm playing more to longer games.
- Only In 2019 I have played 19 times to Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth, in several sessions with up to 4 straight plays. I'm enjoying it a lot (as the rest of my playing group), so we are continuing with The Hunt of the Ember Crown expansion. I'm even considering starting a solitaire campaign to compare.
- I did not fulfill my desire to complete in 2019 all the published games of Unlock! and Exit, but I played 5 and I have bought almost all of them so it's a matter of time.
- We are still maintaining our monthly Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition campaign. I've only skipped a couple of sessions because of business trips or similar issues, and despite that I've attended 10 sessions.
- I'm sure we will continue with this in 2020 and beyond, if nothing important changes. We will see what happens when we complete the Storm King's Thunder campaign.
- This year I've used Steam from time to time. Chronologically:
- By the end of the year I acquired Stadia Founder's Edition. I started trying it with Destiny 2 but definitely enjoyed my new Stadia with Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.
- Either on Steam or Stadia, I plan to play as much as I can also this year. For the moment, I'm continuing with Rise of the Tomb Raider